Friday, July 23, 2010

Love : NYX Round Lipstick in Castle

Before purchasing this lipstick, I googled everywhere for reviews and swatches of it.
It looks really pretty on the website, and it is in real life too!
However, being purple, swatches of this colour is not easily obtainable in the web, so I decide to do a swatch of this colour on my lips for you guys to see.
Being new to NYX cosmetics and all, I am satisfied with the quality, judging how I used to think of it being 'cheap'.
These famous NYX round lipsticks are actually comparable to MAC's lipsticks. The quality and all.
So I am actually very happy with my purchase.
To be honest, if you are a Malaysia, a Singaporean or a Brunei resident, you will know this Malaysian brand called Silkygirl by Alliance cosmetics.
Silkygirl has this range of lipsticks called Moisture Gloss lip color. I am a huge fan of this range and I think the quality is almost the same as the NYX round lipsticks. (Keep a lookout for my review on them!)

If you have not heard of NYX, NYX cosmetics are created in the USA. They are what we call a drugstore brand in the USA. NYX is famous for its high quality products at really low prices.

So, the colour Castle is a purple-frost colour. It is a little shimmery too. Reminds me of those pretty Fafi drawings.


I love the simple and classy packaging.
Sorry, but you guys have to tilt your head to the side to view these two pictures. Cos my camera's a little out and I could not rotate the pictures when uploaded in the computer, don't know why.

As you can see, Castle is a really pretty colour. Seriously.
However I doubt its suitable for everyday wear, as it is purple. Unless you are daring enough then that's fine.
This is my first purple lipstick and I like it!
One coat is sheer, and you can put as many coats as you want to build up the colour and texture.

So here's my rating :
Packaging : 5/5 stars.
Like I said, simple and classy.
Colour : 4/5 stars.
Its a purple-frost lipstick. Really pretty colour. Highly pigmented if you ask me.
Quality : 5/5 stars.
Goes on really smooth, like lip balms.
Staying power's around 1 hour if you eat something. If your lips are not in contact with anything, then perhaps the colour will stay on your lips for hours, like probably 4-5 hours?
Very moisturising.
Also this lipstick is really creamy, which is a good thing.
Scent : 4/5 stars.
I don't know about you, but I like scented things.
For people who do not like scented products or have sensitive lips, this one's not for you.
They smell a little like roses, which is a good thing.
The bad thing is that when you accidentaly lick your lips, you will be kind of grossed out by the funky taste. It seriously tasted like..perfume? I don't know.
Price : 5/5 stars.
Almost gave 6 stars for this! Lol. This lipstick is really affordable.
You can get them at the range of RM10-RM20 in online shops.
In USD they are priced at $4.00 (approx RM13.20).
Would I repurchase : Maybe (for this colour)
I will definitely purchase this lipstick, but in a different colour.
Cos I think one purple lipstick is enough to last me a year. Yes, its advisable to throw away your cosmetics after they are used for a year, as bacteria may form and their quality may not be as good anymore.

Overall, I am very satisfied with this product!
I am looking forward to purchasing and reviewing more NYX products!

And last but not least, the lip swatch. I am kind of tanned being Asian, so yeah. There you go!

This is like three coats, without lipbalm.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment